Thursday, July 7, 2011

A time for change

The lab work the chemo office does before I get my drip came out somewhat disappointing. The lab work shows the white blood cell count is very low and there continues to be some protein in my urine. Neither one is directly influenced by the tumor but by the treatments I've been receiving. The drip is perhaps damaging my kidneys somewhat - so I have to supply a twenty four hour urine sample. I don't want to divulge the gory details but I have to store my entire supply of urine from a twenty-four hout period in a chilled container. The other side effect is the pill I take could be driving my white blood cell count down so I am to cease that untill further notice.

All-in-all a little worrisome as I could get a devastating infection but I am taking antibiotics. Stopping the pill is one weapon out of two to fight the tumor. Of course I always have my ever reselient nature and my support network.

No comments:

Post a Comment