Thursday, August 4, 2011

Another start

I returned to work this past Monday but had to leave early as I ran out of gas around 13:30, I had lost another twenty pounds while in the hospital so not too surprising my stamina disappeared. I have two really large bruises to remind me of my recent downturn. One is from the location where they took my blood but infiltrated a vein. With the Chemo I am taking it is much harder for me to stop bleeding. The other site is in my groin where they inserted the catheter for the angiogram. It is much more florid as they needed insert the catheter into the femoral artery.This was another fine example of needing to shed any ideas of modesty. They needed to shave my groin. I joked I was going to get a bikini wax and of course they brought out the sticky paper to remove any remaining hair. Did not hurt as much as I imagined. I was thinking along the lines of when they remove the tape holding the IV in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment